Shrink Your Family’s Utility Bills
Three easy steps can mean big water and energy – and money – savings! Until March 31, 2012 Guelph residents can receive a FREE 45-minute consultation with trained advisors who will assess your home for water and energy efficiency, replace fixtures as necessary and provide personalized information on how you can shrink your bills. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Book your FREE Efficient Home Visit and Retrofit and have a trained advisor evaluate ways to reduce water and energy consumption in your home
2. Watch as your advisor installs, free of charge, high efficiency showerheads, faucet aerators, hot water pipe insulation and CFL bulbs to jump start your savings
3. Learn how you can continue to save with a customized plan that includes recommendations and future estimated savings including local rebates that you are eligible to receive
Finally, experience the savings. Homeowners who have participated so far are saving an average of $80 per year and some homeowners are saving up to $250 per year – just by having a 45-minute visit!
While everyone in Guelph is eligible to participate, we are especially targeting people who live in the Hanlon Creek neighbourhood (map below) to demonstrate the savings that can be achieved in one neighbourhood.
The program is offered through Green Impact Guelph (GIG), a unique collaboration between the City of Guelph, Guelph Environmental Leadership (GEL), Guelph Hydro, Union Gas. GIG enables residents to make significant progress in conservation. Every small action leads to a healthier community!
Visits can be booked during the following times:
• Mondays/Tuesdays: 12pm – 7pm
• Wednesdays/Thursdays: 10am – 5pm
To be eligible for a free visit, you must:
• live within Guelph City limits (we are targeting visits in the Hanlon Creek neighbourhood)
• live in a single family home, semi-detached or a townhome built prior to 1996
• be serviced by municipal water and wastewater, Union Gas and Guelph Hydro
• have permission from the homeowner via a signed waiver (if you are a tenant)
View Hanlon Creek Neighbourhood Boundaries in a larger map
Ready to start savings water, energy and money?
Book my visit now!
I live in a different neighbourhood and would like a visit
Keep me up to date with what’s happening